Thursday, January 8, 2009

Solid few weeks

I write this post after having an excellent past few weeks of training, which is what I wanted and hoped for going into break. The workouts have been improving, and Ive felt great on my runs.

Tuesday, I ran probably my best workout of my collegiate career. I'm sure better workouts will come, but this one stuck out in particular. I remember I did a few great workouts last spring when I was coming off injury and the past few weeks getting the work in, but this one left me feeling particularly strong.

The classic, 6,4,2,6,4,2,6,4,2. One of my favorites. I re-iterate what I wrote in my last post after having done this workout, I really enjoy the fact that this workout forces you to adjust pace again and again. I feel tremendously sharp after doing these intervals.

The best part of this workout in particular, was the fact that our intervals were run much faster than before and we were comfortable doing so. The last set was run in 1:36,62,28. I actually think the middle set was the most impressive since the times were very close to those of the last set, but I'm not going to post them unless someone asks.

Yesterday, I went with Kerwin to see my Newton South Lions take on the Hawks of Waltham High. It was a pretty fun meet. It's always exciting to be at Reggie as a spectator or as a competitor. I saw some good results, for instance: Yong Cho, a hurdler, won 3 events. Kelsey Karys doubled mile/2mile with a 5:18/ 11:11 and the NS 4x4 had an epic battle with the DCL and was neck and neck with AB until the end. AB took it, but it was exciting nonetheless.

I've got what I wanted out of break, which was solid training. I did not start doubling however, I've been keeping my mileage at about 65 in just singles and that seems to be working so I'm sticking with that for now. Anyways, John thinks that our training group is in great shape, so I can't wait to get some races in.
January 17th -- Bowdoin Invite, January 24th -- Terrier Classic at BU.
^Just to name the upcoming meets. Well, Carpe Diem.

No comments: