Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Happy New Years to all!
Hope everyone was able to celebrate.
I havent made any clear-cut new years resolutions, yet. Maybe that'll come.. I don't think I have anything drastic I want to change, I've already put in my commitment to smart training.

Last few days have been pretty exciting,
Went to the DCL High School meet at Reggie Lewis on Monday and saw my Lions perform well.
Also got a snapshot with Coach Steve McChesney and alum Nick Laurence.
pic (Courtesy of Henry Finch):

The Lions won, boys NS 54 AB 41; girls NS 60 AB 35.
Photos of the events/races are on Henry's site: http://newtonrunningtimes.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, I went to the Brandeis Indoor Track to do a workout. We warmed up 20 minutes and then did 4x600,2x300 with 2:30 rest in between. I did the workout with Devon, Chris, and Marc whom I introduced in my previous posts. We took turns leading each intervals. The workout went pretty well; we hit 1:40-1:41 for each 600 and 45,46 for the 300s. It was solid, the only thing is that we would hit 1:40-1:41 for the 600s in a few different ways. One time we went out in 34, on the last interval we went out in 31. I thought that I had a pretty good feel for the pace by the end of the workout.

We had a bigger crowd today. Julia Alpaio (from RI), Kate Warwick (Acton, MA), Meaghan Casey , Ben Bray (Duxbury,MA), and Kerwin Vega (Waltham,MA) all showed up.
Paul Norton (Amherst,MA) had finished his workout by the time we got there since he had to be somewhere. Paul might be staying with me this weekend, he plans to run the BU mini meet this Saturday which should be exciting.

After having run 8 miles yesterday, my legs feel pretty good. I definitely took a lot out of the workouts and I've been recovering well and running pretty easy (7:05-7:10 pace for my runs). I'll probably run 5 miles today, per instruction of John.

I look forward to the races of 2009. I'm definitely ready to run some good miles, but I want to continue putting the good work in.

No comments: