Tuesday, August 11, 2009

11 miles on Prospect Hill

It's the 11th day of August. I had One week until the beginning of preseason. I just completed an 80 mile week, and I look to continue running high (actually lifetime PR) mileage.
Today was absolutely gorgeous
...if you were sitting in the shade. Outside, with the sun beating down on my back as I ran up the Waltham roads to the beginning of Prospect Hill, I felt like every single water molecule in my body was evaporating up towards the sun.
Not a cloud in sight.

But even with my body begging for water 5 minutes into my run, my legs felt very strong. From my apartment on South St. it's about a mile to the beginning of the Prospect Hill trail.
From there, it's only about a 7 minute uphill run to the outlook section.
I made it up to that part in no time, and my reward?
A glamorous view of Boston.

(not my pictures)


Felt pretty strong going up the hill. The top of Prospect is only some 800 ft above sea level. The outlook is about 500 ft, so it was another steep ascent on trails to the top of the climb. It lead to a nice view of Rt. 128, I-95 and overlooking the ex-polaroid factory and a few other commercial buildings.



Beautiful run. Not any pain in my knees on the downhills which I was worried about, but that's a good sign.
Side note: None of these are my pictures, they were taken by others lucky enough to get to the view checkpoints.
About to go eat. Waltham is wonderful. I get to hang out with my buddies, chow down, run, and work for a week. August is good. Sitting here listening to "Dont call me Daughter" by Pearl Jam.
Good song, look it up if you don't know it!!

No comments: