Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Preseason commences!

August 19th. First day of preseason. I've been living in Waltham at our house on south street for about a week now. Just a bunch of track guys living in a 3 story apartment.

Today we had our first preseason meeting. Met with Lynne and Lisa and filled out a few health forms. After getting the necessary info out of the way, we went on our first run as a team.

Without fail, we blazed our first run. 10 miles in about 64 minutes, ~6:24 pace on a very rolly loop called livingston tailor 10 or New Res 10 since it requires a lap around a reservoir about 4 or 5 miles in. And not just Res, since we run around the weston reservoir often and this "new" res is located in wellesley.

It's kind of a tradition that never fails. Our first week back we don't sit back on our training runs.
I'm a little concerned. Last week I ran 86 miles, a lifetime high. I want to take it easy this week, but most of my runs have been sub 7 minute pace.

What I'm happy about is that I feel good running sub 7 minute pace. I've never in my life felt this comfortable on training runs.

As we start incorporating harder workouts I want to be able to make sure I get my recovery days in. So I'll be looking to hold back on my following runs.

Had a BBQ with the girls team and our new freshmen today. Great success.
Looking forward to the rest of preseason.

2 comments:

George T. Toad said...

Sam,
Prospect Hill is 478 feet. The base is about 125' plus or minus 15'.
Henry

Sam D said...

Thanks henry!