Sunday, December 14, 2008

Primero

Well, I'm writing this at 2:06 PM on Sunday, December 14th. It's been a pretty calm day. Woke up at 9:30am this morning to get together for a long run at 10, with some of my teammates. I just got back from lunch.. got a ton of studying to do with finals coming up this week, but while I sit here procrastinating I thought this would be a neat idea. I had been thinking about putting a blog together throughout the last two years.
I guess, since I've just created this blog, I should establish some intentions I have with it, as well as introduce myself.
I'm Sam, I'm 19 and I'm student-athlete at Brandeis University. Originally from Newton High lands, Massachusetts, I went to Newton South High school and graduated class of 2007. I'm a long distance and mid-distance runner, and have met many people who have influenced the way I am today through my progression and life as runner.
1. The main reason I've created this is to share my personal thoughts about my running, lifestyle, objectives, and anything that pops in mind.
2. I think this is a great tool that anyone can use to share thoughts. There are times when I'm really moved by something, or something resonates for me. There are times when this happens, and I want to share my thoughts about particular things but I haven't had the tools to do so (I mean other than verbal communication).
3. Anything that I write has to do with my personal thoughts, of course they may be subjective -- meaning not everything I say/write has to be agreed with. Still, I do enjoy listening to anyone's opinion. Especially those about running.
4. By using this blog, I think it may help me become a better runner and a better person.

So that's that. For any runner, I also recommend using a running log. I use the "Flotrackr.org" option that my team uses. It's pretty useful, since the log allows you to record the miles you've run, the amount of time you've run for, and pick a color that describes how you felt on your run that day. I think that is, particularly, what makes their log unique. Picking "blue" means that you felt good; "green" means you felt amazing, "yellow" indicates indifference, or that you felt okay; "orange" and "red" are the hard and terrible feel days. I use a plethora of "blue" and "yellow" and I tend to stay away from the "red" and "green" unless I mean it.
Anyways,
The running log has been pretty useful. I think that looking back on how I felt on my runs and what the running quality was like using my running log, plus looking back at what I write using this log will help me in the future.

No comments: