Tuesday, September 22, 2009

UMD

Been a little sick the past 2 weeks. Ran Umass Dartmouth invite last Saturday, placed 40something-th and was 5th on the team with a 30 second PR of 26:07. Actually I was 6th, since my buddy Ben ran 26:05 in the Sub Varsity Race.

Very proud of the guys, Paul got 3rd in 24:43, Chris ran 25:20, Marc 25:30, Devon 25:35. Sold run. We got 4th out of 37 teams.
Our girls kicked ass, they got 2nd in the meet, Grayce led the way in 18:24. 3 other girls broke 19 minutes. Solid race.


The tuesday workout before the race we ran another set of 10x600m on the grass.
The times we put down were much faster than the previous week's.

Feeling pretty fit, but right now I'm just running easy trying to shake this cold.
Today I woke up without feeling congested so that's a good sign.

Next race might not be till New Englands at Franklin Park. Can't wait, Franklin Park is a place I'm very familiar with.

In August, Devon and I ran a 25 minute tempo there. The place is in prime condition for racing, not too soft, light cut grass, and a well nourished bear cage.

No comments: